(i) Associate Membership : This is open only to selected qualified individuals who are involved in the care and education of young children for a considerable period of time and who meet the criteria developed by the organization. In order to qualify for this membership, an applicant must agree to abide by the Code of Ethics of the organization. Membership for this category is limited. Members are required to pay annual membership fee as per the regulation of organization. Only this category has voting rights and the right to hold office.
(ii) Honorary Membership : Honorary membership is open only to those who have helped in the past in some special way towards the promotion of ECD in Nepal. No membership fee will be charged to the members of this category. They must be nominated by members and approved by the Executive Committee. They are not allowed to hold office or vote in general meetings.
(iii) Organizational Membership (Under this category there will be two types of membership)
|Organizational Membership Type 1:||Organizational Membership Type 2:|
|This type of membership is open to the government ministries (departments, units and projects run by the government), UN agencies, and INGOs registered in the Social Welfare Council. No membership fee will be charged to this category of members. They are not allowed to hold office or vote in general meetings.||This type of membership is open to all relevant Non-Governmental Organizations and the private sector (schools, consultancies, training centers, professional associations). A nominal membership fee will be charged to the members of this category. They are not allowed to hold office or vote in general meetings.|
(iv) General Membership: This category is open to all. Any individual interested and working in the field of ECD can apply for the membership. Anyone interested who meets the basic criteria can apply online (www.aecd-n.org) by filling up an application form (either in English or Nepali language). No membership fee will be charged to the members of this category. General members are not allowed to hold office or vote in general meetings.
Benefits of Membership
Benefits to all the members
- Members of all the categories will have access to the interactive website of the alliance (www.aecd-n.org). The members are required to long-in the website by using a pass code, which will be provided after becoming the member, and have access to a wide range of literature, research reports, policy papers, program documents, videos and photo gallery.
- Members can take part in webinarss and discussion forums.
- Members will receive complimentary copy of newsletters, informatics, info-graphics and other publications and promotional materials developed by the alliance.
- Members will receive priority in conference participations, technical meetings, seminars and workshops.
- Members will be eligible to be included in the roster of ECD workers and experts
- Members will be entitled to receive professional support from the experts and alliance members.
- Members will be able to connect with many more ECD colleagues and national and international ECD professionals and experts.
Further benefits to Organizational Members
- All the member organizations will receive a separate space in the alliance’s website.
- The interested organizations can use this space to include the organizational profile, highlights, features, upcoming events, news, photos and videos.
- Member organizations will receive a separate space to exhibit their programs and materials at the national ECD conferences.
- Member organizations will receive due acknowledgements for their contribution to the alliance.